Dr. Jesus Marcelo Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jesus Marcelo?

Thorough, patient, compassionate, and most of all, he really listens.

Posted on February 24th, 2016

I love Dr. Marcelo. So much so that I went through the intake process when he moved his practice to a community health center which focuses more on low income patients. He is an excellent doctor and really really really listens to you before coming to any conclusions. He's always been incredibly thorough, especially making sure he knows exactly what medications you are taking prescribed by other providers and insuring he does not prescribe anything that may have averse interactions. I know it seems like a no-brainer, but you would be surprised how many doctor's offices have you fill out your medications, never look at it, or look the first appointment never to re-visit to verify changes. Well that is not the case with Dr. Marcelo. He has diagnosed two issues so far that previous doctors did not think of, did not ask about or didn't want to hear about, did not notice, and likely didn't care since it was technically "outside" their specialty. A good doctor knows what's going on with all of your care and consults with your other providers when needed rather than treating each "problem" as an isolated issue within their specialty. It took Dr. Marcelo 5 minutes to put all the pieces together that multiple providers and two ER visits could not figure out. My only negative comment is his availability The clinic is very very busy so appointments are booked way out and so far I've not had a call back the two times I've left messages so far, even by just a nurse. They were not an emergency and I'm willing to put up with it, because he is such a good doctor, but I do worry about his patient load. I know he comes in early and works late pretty much every day. It's a weigh the options thing. If you have good insurance and just want a doc to look at you when you have the flu I would probably choose a different clinic. If you're worried you might have something more serious and other doctors have been unsatisfactory, then he's worth it in my opinion, but don't expect immediate appointments or call backs for non-emergencies. I think a lot of this is just the way the clinic runs in general because they see so many patients that cannot get healthcare elsewhere due to their financial circumstances. I admire him for that too.

Burned Out Doctor

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr. Marcelo has been my doctor for quite some time now. He used to be caring and attentive but now he is just burned out. He doesn't show that he cares, much less is interested in me or my ailments. He has become short, and often simply just rude, with me on several visits. I am looking for a new doctor.

the best doctor in the tri cities

Posted on March 11th, 2010

when i was very sick and needed a doctor he the one i was sent to luck for me that was a few years ago. he is the best. always make me feel like he care about me as a person. he is great.....

Posted on March 15th, 2009

hes a great doctor in washington state

Posted on October 4th, 2017