Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jewell S Hamner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
The wait times for the doctor can get a little long. BUT, I have never had a problem actually seeing her and when I do see her, she gives me all the time I need to talk about what my needs are. The staff is nice, but small for the size of the office. I would recommend this office if you want quality care in Selma.
I have been going to this office for a few years now. Today was absolutely unbelievable. The office staff was rude and unprofessional. I had a 2:45 appointment and never saw the doctor. I was called to the back around 4:15 and placed in a room for another 45 minutes. I was completely upset after I had to get up and leave because I had been there too long. I asked for a medical release form and the front clerk gladly handed it to me. I can not believe a doctor would do her patients like this. Today was my last visit here and I'm glad about it.
Doesn't seem to care about patients; always want to send you to the ER.
31 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Jewell S Hamner accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Health, 1013 Medical Center Pkwy, Selma, AL
Dr. Jewell S Hamner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Selma, AL.