Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jianlin Xie has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
They take your cash upfront but take forever to submit a claim stating it takes "3 months." Seriously? Staff is rude with the exception of 1 front desk personnel. Dr. Xie is dismissive when you come in for a follow up and acts like he barely wants to tell you anything. They make it seem like your results are life and death and say you have to see him even though he doesn't tell you anything helpful. It is a scam and the worst experience I have encountered at a doctor's office.
This doctor does not treat his patients equally and fairly. By saying it, I meant he gave privilege to non-Chinese speaking patients though himself is a Chinese. For example, he would see non-Chinese patients before seeing Chinese patients even though the Chinese ones walked into his office at a much earlier time and waited him longer, sometimes for hours, only because those non-Chinese patients started complaining on the waiting time which his Chinese patients did not know why they looked angry all the sudden. As a doctor, he should not simply solve the problem by helping them cut the lines only because they do not know English well. The main reason to cause this problem is that his office always overbook schedules for patients who will be doing different procedures. In order to make more money, when procedures are sometimes not necessary, his office will continue scheduling procedure time for patients. In addition, his office assistants, especially the manager and a Cantonese assistant, are very rude when communicating with patients. Overall I am highly doubt his office system and do not recommend him at all.
29 Years Experience
Jiangxi Medical College
Graduated in 1989
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Dr. Jianlin Xie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsXie Jianlin Gastroenterology & Hepatology Pllc, 4160 Main St # STE201A, Flushing, NY
Dr. Jianlin Xie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.