Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jihad N Batah
Dr. Jihad N Batah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA, with other offices in Mission Hills, CA and Valencia, CA . His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Batah is affiliated with Huntington Hospital, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Jihad N Batah has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 42
I can't believe that this man has been allowed to continue his practice. He's a terrible doctor and missed a life- threatening problem. He's rude, sarcastic and condescending. You might tolerate this if he was competent but he is not. I was told by the surgeon that I would not have left the hospital without the removal of a fist-sized knot of colon that he overlooked. Get another doctor.
Dr. Batah was angry that he could not complete my colonoscopy due to "colon spasm" and told me there was nothing else he could do for me. I should seek help from a "woman" doctor about possible female problems. Actually, he couldn't complete the colonoscopy because of the fist sized knot of: colon that was allowing nothing in or out. He would happily have let me die. I survived this because I demanded a second opinion and another treating doctor. I was my own advocate. After two weeks in the hospital I had an operation removing a large part of my colon. There have been so many complaints against this doctor that I'm not sure why facey allows him to treat patients.
I called Dr. Batahâs office and described to his nurse some stomach symptoms I was experiencing. His nurse talked to the doctor and then call me back and said I needed to schedule an appointment. My complaint is that Dr. Batah literally spent 2 minutes with me. He didnât listen or care what I had to say. He had his hand on the doorknob while I was still talking to him. He said âsee the nurse for a referral to a Dietitianâ. This referral could have been simply done over the phone with my initial call. He wasted my time and he wasted an office visit at the expense of my insurance company and me. Ohâ¦ he would also like to see me in another 3 months so we can do it againâ¦.rightâ¦ It is time for me to find another Gastroenterologist.
Dr. Batah was always in a hurry it seemed. I agree with the other reviews in the fact that he is not there to answer questions or make you feel comfortable. In the initial appointment he came in and spent about five minutes and then scheduled the procedure about a month from the day's date. The day of the procedure I made the mistake of showing up early and waiting extra long. The staff told me the wait was 40 minutes initially, but then after an hour of not seeing anyone I inquired and was told another hour. Then they came in ten minutes later and said now. So it was a little perplexing throughout the entire waiting period. The procedure itself went well and I am happy with the Dr.'s work. Afterwards though I wasn't given the chance to ask questions and discuss what to do next. Instead, the staff told me that I had to schedule an appointment to speak with him 2 weeks from then. Oh, and if you're wanting to get a copy of your medical records, guess what? There's a $15 dollar charge and you have to fill some forms out. My suggestions? Perhaps Dr. Batah should transfer to a better facility where he can work on a more personal relationship with his patients rather than running them through on a conveyor belt. Facey may have the equipment and funding to operate some nice facilities, but it lacks everything in how to interact and educate patients throughout their experience.
A smart doctor that doesn't talk to you like you are an idiot. I saw some negative feedback here that this doctor was somehow mean to them. I have had no such problem with him, but I'm a pretty good patient I've been told so I never had that problem. If he's getting angry with you, you are probably a terrible patient. What I also like about him was that he always remembered who I was or at least acted like he remembered me. I cannot say that about my primary Facey physician who doesn't remember me at all and acts as if every visit is my first time. Dr. Batah does not just sir there looking on a computer, like other facey doctors. He talks to you face to face and that's all I could really hope for. If every time I came in the office he called me a loser, I wouldn't care as long as he sees me as a person and not a number.
Dr. Batah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Damascus
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Jihad N Batah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jihad N Batah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.