Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jill F Chambers has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Preventive Medicine
- Smoking Cessation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
Dr. Jill Chambers seen me as a last minute referral from another patient and someone in the medical profession. I had a prolapse bladder one weekend, didn't know what was going on and unable to get an appointment with anyone for a few weeks. I was referred to her called her office early Monday morning explained as best as I could what was going on. Her staff called me back with an emergency appt for that day. After exam and referral to someone for second opinion I was in need of emergency hysterectomy, bladder and intestine repair. I'd been seen by ob/gyn doctors for years and this problem missed. Dr. Chambers took a detailed medical history which she researched prior to surgery contacted me the Sunday evening prior to cancel surgery for a consultation appt with a cardiologist. Medical records indicated I'd had a history of having an heart attack, her geninue concerned for my health gave me a new respect for her and the medical profession. Yes she is very strait forward and honest. She's not my friend but my doctor and I would recommend her and have recommended her to other woman. I've had a lot of female gyn problems over the years and I regret that she has been ill. I also regret reading so many negative comment. Yes there were times I sat in her office a long time as others but, very few complained because we knew we would and did receive the same professional and medical treatment. Maybe she is not the doctor for everyone, but did I mention, that if I would have died if she had not intervened in time I had to be placed on a ventilator for shortness of breath. Dr Chambers has continued to been my doctor for the last ten years I will always appreciate her professionalism and compassion she shown me over the years. I wish her and her patients the best.
Dr.Chambers is always late, and keeps you waiting a very long time. Every time I come I'm there at least 3 hours or more. And she's always talking about herself.
On October 9th, CT of my lungs showed the cancer had spread to my lungs and lymph nodes. I closed my practice abruptly on October 29, 2015 because of my health condition. I am sorry for the inconvenience it caused my patients. I realized I was not able to focus on my patient's needs, and I was too tired and short of breath to be trying to see patients.
Making an appointment is easy but being able to keep one is impossible. Every appointment I've had has been changed to meet their schedule. We schedule appointments, they change them. Every time. When I do get to their office I wait and wait. I finally told the receptionist that if I can't see the doctor now, I'll have to leave in that I just can't wait any longer. Then I'm informed that Dr. Chambers isn't even in the office and they scheduled me to see a nurse practitioner. Very unprofessional. I cannot recommend Dr. Chambers nor will I ever go back.
44 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Jill F Chambers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurological Surgery Associates, 2201 Murphy Ave Ste 407, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jill F Chambers in this video.
Dr. Jill F Chambers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.