Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jill P Mcnaul has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Mcnaul started me on a couple medications. In a week I called telling her they were making me HIGHLY suicidal. So instead of taking me off the meds she upped the dosage at our next visit that week. She does not listen to how debilitated I feel nor does she seem to care. I am amazed at how many good reviews she has. I had a terrible experience with her and I would not suggest her to my worst enemy.
Dr. McNaul is a caring and plesant woman. She seems clinically smart, and is likable b/c she is not all doctor-y and aloof. She treats you humanely. I would rather be mis-diagnosed practically than be treated like a number. I believe that she probably is trying to do all to all people and that is an issue she needs to deal with.
At the first visit I was really positively impressed with Dr. Mc Naul. On the second visit I was very angry waiting an inordinate amount of time and then her not knowing my name or expecting my visit although I was on time and had been waiting. Next visit I made for the first of the day, but she was still late. My opinion is she is disorganized. I believe she is probably over-extended. I believe she probably is a very sensitive, good doctor if I had a problem that was new and actually needed sleuthing out. I now know what to expect and am happy with Dr. McNaul.
She creates an environment that is caring and safe, providing effective opportunity for open communication.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Missouri-Columbia
Dr. Jill P Mcnaul accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Colorado Wardenburg Health Center, 119 University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Dr. Jill P Mcnaul is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.