Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jill Pence has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jill Pence is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Pence and her staff did not help me guard my health. I gained a significant amount of weight under her care and she did not give me a "kick in the butt" and advise me strongly to lose weight. I eventually went to Dr. Sylvestri at Wilmington Health and he put me on a diet and I lost approximately 70 lbs.
When I saw Dr. Pence for my initial appointment and physical, I felt very comfortable with her. However, when I called first thing on a Monday morning to get an appointment because I was very sick, I was told she had no appointments open for the entire week and was given no other options for care. I was pretty much left on my own and the office didn't seem to be bothered that I was ill. It doesn't matter how goos the doctor is if you cannot see her when you're sick.
Hopefully Dr. Pence has improved in her accuracy in diagnosing a problem. Finally I can say something about what happened ten years ago. I went in to see her with what we thought was a kidney infection. For weeks of not being to stand up from the pain I begged her for help. She said I was fine. By the end of the last week at 2:00 AM in the morning I drove myself to the hospital. I threw up bile, stayed in the hospital with iv's for a week. She had the nerve to come visit and ask how I was doing.
Dr. Pence is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Forsyth Medical Center
Medical Park Hospital
29 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions755 Highland Oaks Dr, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jill Pence in this video.
Dr. Jill Pence is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.