Dr. Jill Pentecostes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jill Pentecostes?

Nice person; ineffective doctor

Posted on September 9th, 2017

Incredibly passive and poor diagnostician. She has been practicing as a PCP in NYC for 25 years, yet somehow knows no specialists. [First red flag]. For all referrals, she hands you a sheet with a number to call the Cornell referral line. Zero follow-up (with the patient or other doctors) and always dismissing symptoms ("I think you'll be fine") regardless of how severe they become. The real issue that she has a very warm personality, so it's difficult to know how bad she is at practicing medicine until you actually get sick.

Horrible experience

Posted on April 26th, 2017

My appointment was booked over a month ago. I was given the wrong appointment time and told I was late, and that since it was my first time and didn't arrive 15 minutes early that I'll have to be rescheduled. I insisted on being seen, and a manager arranged to have me seen in 20 minutes. I waited 45 minutes before complaining, I was then told I'd be seen in 30 minutes. After finally being called by a nurse to take my vitals I was left in a room for a half hour. At this point I'd been waiting 2 1/2 hours. Never again!

Great MD

Posted on December 3rd, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. P for way over 12 years. She's been great , she really listens & gives me great health advise. I've refered my family & friends to her & still continue to refer her. I work in the medical field & proud to say she is a very good doctor. FYI, you have to be on time !

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

Dr Pentecostes is the best Dr I ever had!!! She is easy to talk to and she takes her time explaining things. I wouldnt change her for the world!

Posted on June 3rd, 2011

She is a peoplesm Doctor.

great diagnostician

Posted on December 31st, 2010

A friend took me to Dr. P when I was on the verge of pnemonia after a series of bronchial and sinus infections. Dr P has helped me to manage my overall health both physical and mental -- she knows me as a person and is extremely caring -- which is a rarity in these days of medicine. I am a healthier person overall due to diligence in not overprescribing antibiotics and rotating carefully when needed. Hands down I would say one of the best doctors in New York. Nothing fancy just a great doctor.

Posted on October 28th, 2017