Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jill A Speaker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jill A Speaker has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jill A Speaker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Speaker is a great pediatrician if your child is well. When I encountered any sicknesses, I was often referred to another specialist (thus costing more) or told to "come back if he isn't better in a week." I stopped going for sicknesses. As a doctor, Dr. Speaker seems wonderful. She wants to talk to you and doesn't make you feel like you're taking too much time for well-baby/child check-ups. But, watch your bills! Since she codes her own transcriptions, if you talk about anything (even if she brings it up) outside of what may not be well-baby/child routine, she will bill you for it as another office visit. It's totally "legal" but not necessarily ethical. Bring your own notebook if you want to combat her transcription notes since otherwise it's your word against her office managers' word (since she won't talk to you about it even after repeatedly trying to talk to her). It was a pain to get a straight answer when trying to figure out what was going on after this last experience. I got a few different stories from the billing department & office manager. I was never allowed to talk to the doctor. It took 2 weeks for them to return a call that they said they'd return the next day. I called 3 times in that 2 weeks. The time before I was told they'd call back that day, they didn't. I called them again and the med assistant told me that the doctor was too busy. He finally answered my question the next day.Too many straws that finally broke my back. I loved the convenience of this place - so close. I loved the doctor's attitude when I dealt with her. But... when there are underhanded billing methods and people won't answer questions about a baby check... and you can't talk to the doctor about her own billing... well... that's enough.
Dr.Speaker is bright, articulate, knowledgeable, caring and extremely patient. You never feel rushed in her presence. She's always upbeat and genuinely interested in the whole person, not just the malady at hand.She is not afraid to say, "I don't know" and will gladly refer a patient if she thinks additional help can be attained elsewhere. I really don't know what more a patient could want in a high quality physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
20 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Jill A Speaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCreekside Medical Ps, 900 NE 139th St Ste 202, Vancouver, WA
Dr. Jill A Speaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.