Dr. Jillian Call Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jillian Call?

Sore throat / Rash

Posted on August 4th, 2017

I woke up on a Sunday morning with a sore throat. I looked at my throat and it was very red with white patches. I also had a skin yeast type rash and a low grade fever. I went to the ER to make sure I didn't have the beginnings of strep throat and to get something for the rash. Over the counter medication for fungal rashes doesn't work for me. I had gotten a powder from a doctor where I used to live and had ran out of it. Dr. Call was very terse. She didn't listen to a word I said. She gave me nothing for my sore throat. She did give me a prescription for a fungal cream. At Walmart the pharmacist took me over and showed me it was the same cream sold over the counter. I could get the prescription for $96.00 or a tube over the counter for less then $5.00. Since I had told Dr. Call that the over the counter cream only made the yeast rash worse. I guess she didn't think it proper for me to tell her how to do her job. So much for TV ads that tell you to speak up and give your doctor a little background info. Pride comes before the fall Dr. Jillian Call.

Condescending and Incompetant

Posted on August 24th, 2016

I would like to start by saying I would give zero stars if I were able. Also, we have received excellent care by other doctors in this facility. Dr. Call, however, was an exception. My husband and I are both educated, medically insured, and decent members of society. For the doctor to behave as she did is completely unprofessional. We are parents of 2 1/2 year old boy-boy-girl triplets. Yesterday morning, I noticed my daughter had what appeared to be two mosquito bites on her legs. As the day progressed, one started to ooze a clear fluid and the other looked very red. By the time she had had her bath, the red bite was completely raised and had a red circle around it. I was immediately concerned that it was Lyme disease as we live in a development that is highly populated with deer and have had neighbors who have contracted it. My husband decided to take her up to the ER as soon as I got her dressed. When you have triplets, you split duties. My husband bathes the children and I dress them. I shouldn't even have to explain this, but you'll see why in a second. So, Aaron takes her up and of course the place is teeming with people waiting to be seen. After waiting for two hours, they finally went back. He explained the scenario and afterward she asks: "I assume you are a single father?" What!? She says she asked this because he said: "I bathed her." He proceeds to tell her that my husband and I split duties because we have 2 year old triplets. Her response: "Oh." Then, she proceeds to ask: "Why did you wait this long to bring her up?" She was evidently more concerned with insulting my husband, than treating our daughter. Then she became fixated on the bite that wasn't even severe looking. She proceeded to say she believed it could be a snake bite. When my husband explained that we have a fenced in yard and they are never left unsupervised, her response is: "Oh." Then she said maybe the culprit was a rusty nail. We don't even have anything WITH nails in it in our backyard, which my husband explained, because their play equipment is plastic. Her response: "You never know." No lady, we do know. I really don't understand how people like this even make it in the medical profession. So, she sent Josephine home with an antibiotic, steroid, and topical cream, however, she did not order a blood test to rule out Lyme disease. So, I am calling our Dr's office trying to get a sick visit and get a blood test. Thanks a heap Dr. Call!!! Go get some mood stabilizers because you sure could use them. To the reviewers who left 5 stars, you're not fooling anyone. I know it's you Dr. Call, and probably your children. Pathetic...

luv her

Posted on October 2nd, 2015

She is the best doc ever!

Posted on March 9th, 2015

Clearly knowledgable, attended Vanderbilt for Ned school, probably One of the most compassionate doctors I've ever met.

The Best Doctor Ever!

Posted on December 29th, 2014

That last comment was a bunch of crap!!!!!!! The one they said she was doing drugs, its not true! she was the best doctor to me!! I had barley any time in the waiting room! Got my procedure over with and was better in no time!!! In fact she didn't smell like drugs she smelt, like flowers! I know some doctors don't care but she really cared when i went to visit her!!!! This is the best doctor to go to in the emergency room and by far the best doctor I've ever had!!!!!!

Beware! There is something seriously wrong with this "Doctor"

Posted on December 15th, 2014

First of all let me begin by saying that I am a college educated person,hard working,fully insured and in fairly good health.I had never visited this Emergency Department before and after this one visit I never intend to visit it again,in fact if I was taken there again in an emergency I would insist on being transferred to another facility if I was conscious and capable of speaking . This Dr. Call is a disgrace to her profession in my honest opinion.After lying in agonizing pain for over 3 hours and repeatedly telling my nurse I was told that this Dr said she had other patients that had been waiting longer so asking the nurse was not going to help me. So in hour 4 of my wait still untested and untreated with the vitals monitor constantly alarming from my blood pressure & heart rates this Dr. Call strolls into my room drinking what appears to be coffee or soda but smells more like booze when she gets closer to me & her eyes were blood shot, pupils tiny with huge bags under them.her appearance was unkempt and her overall demeanor was agitated & aggressive for no apparent reason and when I mentioned the fact that I had asked for treatment of my pain hours ago she began rambling about random drugs like heroin and she especially seemed fixated on pain medicines & toxicology which I found rather bizarre to say the least since it had absolutely nothing to do with my case or illness since I had given a full blood & urine sample which had no drugs or alcohol & I have no history of any type of drug problems at all.I tried to explain my symptoms and get some sort of treatment or idea of what was going on from her & it was just impossible she claimed I had been asking for pain meds the whole time I was there so she would only be able to give me a Tylenol for level 8 scale pain.to be honest at this point she was actually scaring both me & my wife so I left and traveled about 3 hours to another hospital where I was immediately given pain relief & was admitted acute appendicitis. Both my wife and I are convinced this Dr.Call was under the influence of some form of drug the day while she was practicing medicine & we both smelled alcohol on her breath as well that day, I'm writing this review in hopes that this doesn't happen to anyone else and if it has happened to you please report it as I am planning on doing so we can get this poor lady some help and keep others safe from harm from any more poor judgement such as the mistake she made in my case which was proven hours later at another hospital.I am not sure if these Emergency room doctors are randomly drug and alcohol screened but if not they surely should be tested and monitored very closely.

Painful/Frustrating ER Visit

Posted on March 19th, 2014

Dr. at the Wound Center told me to return to the ER if my abscess and cellulitis worsened and to recommend that I be admitted for IV antibiotic treatment. Dr. Call insisted it was best to repeat (3X at this pt.) an IND and that I didn't seem very ill to her. She couldn't get my hand numb and continued debridement. Said I did seem warm and would have the nurse recheck my temp. which never happened also said she would check records for recent blood work which if she did check she did not tell me if the report was relevant. Left in more pain than I arrived, had a fever when I got home, an ended up becoming septic. Her demeanor was aggressive and made me feel that I had to choose a procedure that I did not agree with.

MRSA

Posted on October 4th, 2012

Took my daughter in there with a confirmed case of MRSA and they refused to admit due to possibility of secondary infections being caught in hospital. Told her since the antibiotic was making her sick to stop it and use these scrubs and a cream and that she probably wouldn't even have to see infectious control dr because she felt the surgical scrubs and topical cream would take care of it. Then they listed it as cellulitis when you can treat that with regular antibiotics and MRSA is resistant to most antibiotics. Not a good visit.

Posted on October 16th, 2017