Dr. Jillian Evans Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jillian Evans?

She helped save my life

Posted on October 23rd, 2016

I came to Dr. Evans an extremely sick individual over a decade ago, when no doctor in Northern VA would see me, as my case was to acute. Over the years Dr Evans helped me manage my symptoms, as my life took on new meaning, and I was able to be a productive member of society. I will never forget the help she has provided me, and will always be grateful I had the opportunity to work with her.

Posted on July 29th, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Evans for about 5 years now, and am very pleased. She is a kind, empathetic listener, and good advisor. When I've had an issue, she's been quite to respond or adjust.

Posted on March 31st, 2015

Dr. Evans an excellent psychiatrist and understands teens and their families. Having dealt with a number of psychiatrists who are less than insightful and helpful, it is a joy to have discovered Dr. Evans. We feel very well understood and cared in working with her.

HORRIBLE

Posted on January 10th, 2015

Dr. Evans completely ABANDONED me- after having treated me for 5 years- when I informed her I was being hospitalized on the recommendation of 2 separate physicians in another city. They tried calling her for additional information prior to admitting me, I called her office 3 times, the hospital staff tried multiple times, and my current (post-hospitalization) psychiatrist left at least 5 messages. I have never been so disappointed in someone- especially my doctor, who I trusted completely- in my life. Shameful. INEXCUSABLE.

She is awesome

Posted on March 1st, 2013

I have been with Dr. Evans since 2008 and she is amazing. It is tough to find a psychiatrist who also does therapy, but she does both. I've gone through some very difficult times with her and she has often saved me from myself.

Posted on January 31st, 2011

This may sound too good to be true, but her diagnosis was accurate, she is highly professional in her conduct, even knowledge of the literature was current. I get appointments as needed and rarely wait, and then for no longer than a few minutes. I feel I got lucky finding her.

Not recommended

Posted on January 27th, 2010

Dr. Evans did a cursory review of my background, making several assumptions without fully understanding the situation. She was dismissive of my preference for a non-medicated approach to my problems, although she says she is not a pill-pusher. She barely spent an hour with me yet charged me for the full 90-minute consultation, and she doesn't take insurance. I left her office disheartened rather than hopeful.

Best psychiatrist I've seen over the past 12 years

Posted on February 22nd, 2009

Dr. Evans has literally been amazing. Although I have a complex set of problems and don't respond to medication in the same way most people do, she continues to do everything possible to maximize my well-being. She calls to check up on patients who are out of town or unable to set a firm appointment date, makes appointments early in the morning or late in the evening to accommodate her patients' schedules, and genuinely cares about her patients rather than the bottom line. She goes out of her way to provide her patients the highest standard of care without being a "pill pusher". Out of the 5 different psychiatrists I've seen over the years she is #1 by far. I couldn't think any more highly of her than I do and have difficulty imagining where I'd be without her. If you need a psychiatrist in DC you can't find anyone better than Dr. Evans

Posted on June 14th, 2017