Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jimmy H Hwang has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Hwang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Kaohsiung Medical University
Graduated in 1980
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Jimmy H Hwang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJimmy Ho Hwang Md, 18251 Roscoe Blvd Ste 102, Northridge, CA
Dr. Jimmy H Hwang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northridge, CA.