Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jimmy Madagame MD
Dr. Jimmy Madagame, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wausau, WI. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Madagame is affiliated with Aspirus Wausau Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Jimmy Madagame has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Jimmy Madagame has the following 3 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jimmy Madagame - Posted on January 11th, 2010
I was diagnosed with thyroid problems at age 5. I became a patient of Dr Jimmy Madagame when he started practicing in Wausau, WI. Dr. Madagame always took great care in monitoring my thyroid closely. He always had a professional attitude and would politely answer any questions I might have. Sometimes he would even draw pictures to help me understand things. When I developed a very complex case of Cushings Disease he was amazing. He had taken the time over the years to know me as a patient so he could see the change and knew he needed to dig further to find the cause of the Cushings. My tumor was small and the lab results were always erratic. Most doctors would have just waited until things were worse. Dr Madagame just would not give up. He was determined to find the cause of the problem before my conditioned worsened. During testing a problem with my liver was also detected. Dr Madagame immediately pulled in all the necessary experts to make sure I was getting all issues addressed and my treatment was coordinated. Dr Madagame is an excellent physician and because of his great care my Cushings is behind me and I'm now back to being healthy. I still have to take my synthroid to treat my thyroid condition but I'm not on any post Cushings medications and my liver is back to normal. Thanks to Dr Madagame's determination and great care I can continue to live a normal and full life. I would still be a patient of Dr Madagame but my job has moved me far away from the Wausau area. I have seen a couple endocrinologists since Dr Madagame and still have not found one that is as good.
Dr. Madagame is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
26 Years Experience
Wayne State University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Jimmy Madagame Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Jimmy Madagame's office for more information.
2720 Plaza Dr Wausau, WI : (715) 847-2004
Locations & Directions2720 Plaza Dr, Wausau, WI
Dr. Jimmy Madagame is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wausau, WI.