Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jimmy L Romero has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr.Romero is not a good doctor. He is more concerned with making money rather then patient care. The wait on the day of an appointment is far too long. When a patient is finally seen Dr. Romero is in and out in less then five minutes. A patient diagnosis would be better search on the Internet. Dr.Romero is not a intelligent Doctor. I think it is safe to say family practice was his only choice when he graduated from medical school.
I had some visits where Dr. Romero was very caring and concerned for my well being. However, the last visit I feel as though my actual concerns were disregarded because they questioned recommendations made by an overflow doctor in the office. I came in for a physical and was informed that he would be out for the next two weeks, so any concerns would need to be addressed by the overflow doctor I had seen before. I left the office feeling that my immediate concerns were somewhat of a nuisance and overshadowed the reason for my initial appointment (physical). I was in the office for 15-20 minutes. I left believing that the nurse forgot to take my bloodpressure and after over two weeks have gone by have still not heard the results of my blood tests.
21 Years Experience
University of New Mexico
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Jimmy L Romero accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8800 Montgomery Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Jimmy L Romero is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.