Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jimmy L Strong has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jimmy L Strong has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jimmy L Strong is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Strong is a good doctor, but like many of the pediatricians in Abilene, is very opinionated. The last few times I have left from our appointment with my son, I have felt angry and offended. Dr. Strong is usually good about answering any questions or listening to any concerns you may have, but also likes to ask YOU questions and shove his opinion down your throat even if you have no concerns about the issue. After 20+ years of practice you would think that he might know how to say something in a way that would be less likely to offend a parent if he wants to share his opinion on something that is no concern to you, or know when to STOP TALKING. I would like to take my son to Dr. Strong for overall health checkups, but as far as un-needed "advice" or "tools" on how to raise my children, no thanks! But since I had not yet been able to avoid Dr. Strong bossiness, we will NOT be going back! Doctors must remember: WE are the parents, not them, and these are OUR children.
Dr. Strong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Jimmy L Strong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProfessional Association Peds, 1850 Hickory St Ste 102, Abilene, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jimmy L Strong in this video.
Dr. Jimmy L Strong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abilene, TX.