Dr. Jithander R Katkuri Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jithander R Katkuri?

Empathetic, knowledgeable and caring.

Worst Bedside Manner!!!

Dr. Katkuri has the worst bedside manner I've seen. He does not listen to his patients and is one that wants to blame weight on everything. The cloudy skies are caused by my weight. I do not recommend him to anyone that wants to be taken seriously. However, Debbie Hinkle the PA there is amazing. I absolutely love her and trust her 100% with my medical care. I highly recommend her.

When you tell a patient that is 16yrs.old that you are trying to help her lose weight so she will be beautiful, is very disrespectful and uncalled for, you had my daughter in tears and then tried to make up for your mistake. Learn how to talk to your patients Dr. Katkuri

Obstinate & Rude

I saw Katkuri only because the other doctor in his office was unavailable. When I saw him I communicated the medicines I was on and that I was feeling great. I told him I just wanted to do routine bloodwork since it had been a couple years to check my hormone levels. Without even writing the order for the blood tests, Katkuri told me I didn't need the medicine. I accept if it's discovered a certain medicine causes unacceptably risky contraindications a person must be advised but that wasn't that case at all in this scenario. Katkuri was just taking the broad stroke stance that persons in my age group (30s) are over-medicated for such things. This is entirely unacceptable. A doctor is supposed to use the latest sound science/meta-analysis to diagnostically treat pathological problems. I gently reminded him a couple years ago I'd taken a great many blood tests to get my dosing right for hormone medicines and reasserted my desire to get my blood tests to check my various hormone levels etc. The only other thing I found distasteful was how he slyly asked me if I smoked pot. I've been asked by other medical professionals of course over the years as such things are medically relevant or even sometimes mandated. However, Katkuri slyly smiled and phrased it something to the effect of "I bet you like to smoke a little pot don't you." Yikes! Not all doctors are created equal and even the best ones are off their best game some days. I'm very patient with most folks yet I'm not giving this gentleman a second chance. My time and health is too valuable. Should you read this Dr Katkuri, consider you may be more apt to get reported to the medical board/insurance malpractice for negligence for being conservative and not doing bloodwork than actually treating the patient, titrating and refilling hormone medicine.

Caring doctor

Dr. K is the best doc I've ever had. I'm 72 and active with several health issues. He never rushes me, makes eye contact instead of writing or on computer. He's caring and understanding. The office staff is fine, he or staff make follow up calls. The wait time is not as bad as I expected. Been going 4 years. Glad I changed. I highly recommend him.

good

dr. Katkuri never thinks you are sick. he will ignore everything you say and look at you in an uncomfortable way. he tells you to go but over the counter meds and leaves, same with the big female African American dr. they are horrible. Debbie Hinkle is amazing if you can get in with her, do it!!

Bedside manner is terrible with dr katkuri. I went to him with complaints of stomach pain. I was told that I had put on to much weight over the last year and that was the rout of my problem. I also mentioned an issue with panic attacts, he very rudly wrote the number down to the guidance center and told me they will deal with it. One week later I was in the hospital with Kidney stones , that was the reason behind my stomach pain. Some of the staff were terribly rude and dressed as if they worked out doors. The PAs are wonderful there, but the rest of the staff are insulting. I have been considering complaing to the bbb.

Great Dr. Attention to detail.