Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jo H Bonner has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jo H Bonner has the following 9 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Jo H Bonner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I started out seeing Dr. Bonner in 2009. At first I really liked her. She explained everything in details so I understood why she was doing things. I live about 2 hours away so she would call sometimes to touch base or would call me back promptly and after hours. The longer that it took with my case, she got more and more upset with how complex my case was. One of the things that she always got on me was losing weight. I have a medical condition that makes weight loss almost impossible, she always wanted to me go to Weight Watchers. When I did have a loss of weight she never encouraged or praised the hard work, she just kept saying it was not good enough. At this time I had started seeing her Nurse Practitioner because Dr. Bonner basically pushed me over to her. But never fail Dr. Bonner would call me at home and complain about my weight. The last day that I was there in her office. I had seen her nurse practitioner again and she was going to increase one of my medications. She went to go talk to Dr. Bonner when she came back she informed me that Dr. Bonner wanted me to make a 4 hour round trip every month just to be weighted. I explained that I felt that was too much, but could I have my Doctor back home fax monthly weights to her so I don't have to come up so much. She then told me that Dr. Bonner stated that if I couldn't do that then apparently I did not want to participate in my plan of care and that she would see me as being noncompliant. And that I would not need to come back and see her. I saw her from 2009-2013 and I was compliant with every aspect of my care, but her decision for continued care became unreasonable. I feel that Dr. Bonner is a Band-Aid doctor unless you are a quick fix she does not have the patience for you. Just my opinion but I would discourage anybody from considering to see her.
I called Dr. Bonner's office on a Thursday, and had an appointment on Monday. I was called back before my actual appointment time. She spent a great deal of time with me (1 1/2 hours, after 30 minutes with the nurse), and correctly diagnosed and treated me. My follow up visits have always had these results. Dr. Bonner is the only doctor who has been able to help me with my migraines of over 30 years. I would strongly recommend Dr. Bonner.
Dr. Bonner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Jo H Bonner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jo H Bonner in this video.
Dr. Jo H Bonner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.