Dr. Joachim J Tenuta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joachim J Tenuta?

very friendly. thorough and good listener as well

Heartless, greedy, unprofessional

Dr. Tenuta makes a decent first impression: he will shake your hand, looking straight into your eyes. And then he stops listening. I had three visits with him. Decide yourself whether you should seek care from this person: First visit: Broken left ankle (from the day before), and the right ankle (broken 3 years ago). Few months before the visit, I started to have episodes of unbearable pain in the right ankle, coming out of nowhere. I scream, I can't walk. I start telling all this to dr. Tenuta. He doesn't want to deal with the right ankle:-"first, let's take care of the recently broken one. He sends me for an X-ray for just the left one. Total time spent with me - 5 min. Charge -around $600. Second visit - a month later : left ankle (broken a month ago) is fine. Now I get both ankles x-rayed. Dr. Tenuta declares that "everything looks great". I complain about the sharp pain in the right ankle - he sends me for physical therapy. Total time spent with me - 3 min. I know that in the case when the sharp pain in the joint broken 3 years ago starts to come out of nowhere without any apparent cause, physical therapy doesn't make sense. But the doctor doesn't listen - he is in a rush. Physical therapy made the pain worse. The ankle is now swollen more than before. A month is lost. The physical therapist wrote a long letter to dr Tenuta, explaining that PT is not a solution. She suggests an MRI. Visit 3: Dr Tenuta looks me in the eyes, shakes my hand. He didn't read the notes from my physical therapist, so I have to explain everything myself. The end of a 2- minute visit: "I have no idea what's wrong with you. I am going to send you to an ankle specialist. Goodbye" The charge - regular office visit. I objected to the charge, even though I didn't have to pay personally. The receptionist talked to the manager and to dr Tenuta - they insisted on it. I have been to four doctors at Capital Region Orthopedics over the years. The general impression of this office : it's all about money, money and money. Patients are the last thing they care about. No one listens, no one cares. Maybe I was unlucky - you judge.

Professional, knowledgeable and motivator

Dr. Tenuta quickly and accurately diagnosed my orthepedic issue and provided a straight forward no nonsense course of action. Office visits and out patient surgery were done in a timely and professional manner. Highly recommended.