Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan Atkin
Dr. Joan Atkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westerville, OH, with other offices in Dublin, OH and Columbus, OH (and 1 other location). She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Medical Genetics. Dr. Atkin is affiliated with Nationwide Childrens Hospital, The Ohio State University Hospital and University Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Joan Atkin has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
Dr. Joan Atkin is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Atkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nationwide Childrens Hospital
The Ohio State University Hospital
35 Years Experience
University of Hawaii
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Joan Atkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joan Atkin, MD - Pediatrics in Westerville, OH, in this video.
Dr. Joan Atkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westerville, OH.