Have you seen Dr. Joan K Berman?

An excellent and caring gynecologist who treats the whole patient

Dr. Joan Berman has been my gynecologist since 1999 and I can’t recommend her more highly. She is extremely caring and truly treats the whole patient. She is very thorough, not only in her examinations but in reviewing my health records, on each visit. She is up on the latest medical research and refers me to specialists who are fantastic. Dr. Berman is patient and always takes the time to answer my questions. For these reasons, I actually enjoy my appointments with her!

Excellent Doctor

I have been a patient of Dr. Berman’s for many years and she has consistently been warm, a good listener and an excellent physician. She has guided me through difficult situations and now through menopause. Highly recommended.

Sloppy clinician, nasty when things go wrong

First visit was fine; Dr. Berman was quick to diagnose me and prescribe a topical cream. I tried to use it and but repeatedly reported to Dr. Berman that it increased my pain. She was annoyed. Finally, after a month of worsening pain, she examined me again, and completely changed her diagnosis without acknowledging her error. She dismissed my pain ("It won't change your life," she said, while I was having difficulty walking, sitting, sleeping) and mocked my fear and desperation. She referred me to a different specialist.

Mona Lisa Touch

I have been suffering with vaginal dryness and painful intercourse due to menopause for a couple of years, I have tried everything to no avail ..,. Nothing helped! Dr. Berman introduced me to the Mona Lisa Touch laser which on average takes 3 sessions to see results, however everyone's body is different and mine took 5. But I can say that I have noticed a significant improvement and its close to what I was feeling before going through menopause. I feel the intimacy and bond with my husband has improved drastically and I highly recommend the procedure to anyone who is in a similar situation. There is hope!

Dr. Berman as a new patient of her's i felt very comfortable with her. She helped me with my painful periods, and also helped me manage them to be on time since they were irregular. She also discussed my complicated family history with me.

Psychologist

I have been Dr Joan Berman's patient for many years. I find her to be warm, professional and attentive at all times. Both of my daughters are now her patients as well. Her staff is friendly and helpful and I have no problems making appointments when needed. The waiting time once in her office is minimal. I trust Dr. Berman totally and often refer friends and my own patients to her.

VERY PLEASED FOr YEARS WITH DR BERMAN

I have always found Dr Berman to be extremely thorough. when she is finished exploring a symptom one might be having you can be sure all has been done and findings will be accurate. I know her a long time and we shared the same Internest until he passed away some years ago. She cares about her patients.

incompetent - worst experience

I have only had positive experience with Dr. Berman. She is the most compassionate doctor I have ever been to. She spends all the time I need answering every question I have and getting to know me. She always has a thorough answer to every question I ask and is extremely knowledgable. I have recommended her to several of my friends and they love her as well!

Extraordinary Care!

I have been a patient of Dr. Berman for over eighteen years. I feel so fortunate and blessed to be in the care of such a caring, conscientious, superb diagnostician, and remarkably skilled gynecologist. It is rare to find so many excellent qualities all rolled into one highly professional extraordinarily gifted doctor. Who else would call up a patient and follow-up to find out how a patient is doing after her long day. I would be lost without Dr. Berman.

Breast Cancer

Dr. Joan Berman discovered the pea-sized lump in my breast during a routine exam that led to a successful cancer outcome. She is the physician with whom I have had the longest relationship and (obviously) I trust her with my life. She always personally returns my calls to answer any questions I may have between visits.Once you have signed in at the front desk, you have barely settled into your chair before an assistant begins the preliminary medical procedures (urine, blood pressure, etc.), and you have just enough time to lie back on the examination table before Dr. Berman enters the room.She explains each portion of the examination so there are no surprises and is gentle in her examination -- as only a woman can be, having experienced the same examinations herself.I am very fortunate to have her as my doctor.

Excellent doctor

Dr Berman has been my doctor for 10 years and she is caring, professional, and thorough. She has called me several times with followup information, even trying multiple times to reach me. I trust her completely.

Dr. Joan K Berman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.