Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joan L Blomquist has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joan L Blomquist has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Joan L Blomquist is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I loved her. Her manner was warm and unrushed. She was thorough in in her assessment. She customized my procedure based on risk factors that were specific to my own health history and my family history. My follow up was with other doctors who were working with her at the time, but I had no complications so that was ok with me.
I had a Dexascan done and after a month I started calling the office to get my results. It took three phone calls and four e-mails and I still have never received anything in the mail, despite the fact that a voicemail was left on my home phone advising that a card had been sent. That was two weeks ago. I finally did get a call telling me what my results were, but still not card. I have now received a phone call on a Friday at 12:20 from "the office manager" who did not leave a name, wishing to speak to me about my recent complaint about bad patient service. I called back ten minutes later and received a recorded message advising that the office was closed and that phone number would not take messages. I can't even get upset about it because now it is almost laughable. This is NOT how you take care of a patient who is disgruntled about such horrible patient service!
Dr. Blomquist gave me a prescription for a Dexascan which I had done. It has been over a month and despite repeated phone calls and e-mails to her office I still do not have the results of my test. This is totally unacceptable. I should not have to waste my time chasing after her and her office to receive the results of a test!!
Dr. Blomquist is a truly caring, highly capable professional who delivers competent, personalized care. She has performed surgery on me with terrific results and a speedy recovery. I highly recommend her to all of my friends. I have my Masters Degree in Nursing, so look for high quality medical care. Dr. Blomquist exceeds my highest expectations! Her staff and nurse practitioner are also very kind, caring, and competent. I cannot speak highly enough about this practice.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Magee Womens Hospital
Dr. Joan L Blomquist accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreater Balt Medical Center Uro Gynecology, 6569 N Charles St Ste 307, Towson, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joan L Blomquist in this video.
Dr. Joan L Blomquist is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.