Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan E Caragher MD
Dr. Joan E Caragher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Conway, NH, with other offices in Amesbury, MA and Haverhill, MA (and 2 other locations). She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan E Caragher has 5 locations
Dr. Joan E Caragher has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Joan E Caragher has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Joan E Caragher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Good but needs improvement
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan E Caragher - Posted on July 25th, 2017
She was confused & in a rush when I saw her. Very distracted, she would ask a question but continually interrupt with more thoughts before I answered & then turn quickly to leave, still talking to me as she walked out of room. When I asked if I could have questions answered she was polite & doing what seemed to her best to answer them. I left with a lot of unanswered questions but did not believe I would get the answers from her in her busy state of mind. I did improve but not as quickly or with the peace of mind one wants in an ER. This was Lahey ER in Peabody & almost all of the staff seemed indifferent or depressed so perhaps there was a trauma that came their way earlier in the shift to account for this. I have never been there before.
Dr. Caragher saved my life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan E Caragher - Posted on February 22nd, 2012
Ten years later and I am so grateful for Dr. Caragher not giving up on me when all was lost. I had a blood clot that went to my lungs and threatened my life. She stayed on me for over three hours and prepped me to go to Brigham and Women's Hospital. She was my angel at a time where it was critical I have one. God bless you Dr. Caragher!
excellent doctor great person very caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan E Caragher - Posted on June 12th, 2010
34 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Joan E Caragher Accepts the Following Insurance
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
More about Dr. Joan E Caragher
Dr. Caragher is board certified in emergency medicine and has been practicing for more than 20 years. She received her medical degree from the University of Connecticut Medical School. She completed her surgical residency at Emory University in Atlanta. As a member of the award-winning Anna Jaques Wound Healing team, Dr. Caragher is one of a multi-disciplinary group of physicians giving state-of-the-art care for chronic wounds and skin ulcers, with a 96.9 percent success rate.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joan E Caragher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Conway, NH.