Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan Dickson
Dr. Joan Dickson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Billings, MT, with other offices in Glasgow, MT and Glendive, MT . She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Family Medicine. Dr. Dickson is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Montana Healthcare System - Fort Harrison. Dr. Dickson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan Dickson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Joan Dickson has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Joan Dickson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joan Dickson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
She is compassionate, knowledgeable, thorough, dedicated... Quality of care is EXCELLENT. We are extremely fortunate to have a doctor of her caliber in our community. Highest recommendation!!!
Seriously, can't get any better than Doc Dickson. She was able to help when others couldn't. So grateful my feet don't burn anymore. She believes in the power of pet therapy. Thank you Chloe...so badly miss you. Thank you Cinder...kisses...only when you are awake. Thank you Kegar.....for the sloppy drippy kisses while while we wait.....tee hee...
Dr Dickson is the kind of Dr. that more should be like, she is caring for her patients and not in it for the money.We can talk to her with ease and also have a good laugh when we need one, the Glendive hospital is out of their minds not to give her hospital privleges, but then they would have to eat crow then wouldn't they, get rid of the ceo and let the good Drs in.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dickson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Montana Healthcare System - Fort Harrison
16 Years Experience
University of Washington
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joan Dickson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Billings, MT.