Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan I Gitlin MD
Dr. Joan I Gitlin has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Joan I Gitlin has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Joan I Gitlin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
SHE WONT GIVE ME MY RECORDS!!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan I Gitlin - Posted on May 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan I Gitlin - Posted on June 3rd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan I Gitlin - Posted on April 16th, 2013
As the other reviews state, she stated both my children had asmatic tendencies and gave both a neb. She always told me about what was wrong with the last patient, and my husband always felt insulted by her when he brought the children into the office. Her staff was often rude and unfriendly on the phone, and appointments were difficult to get. Assuming that she was also talking to others about my family after our visits and unable to get afternoon appointments, which are so necessary to those of us who work, I finally left her practice. Best decision I could make.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan I Gitlin - Posted on August 3rd, 2012
IF YOU DONT CHANGE HER YOU WILL HAVE ASTHMA AND YOUR CHILDREN TOO, SHE ALWAYS SAID IF YOU HAD ANOTHER KID DONT KEEP THEM TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY WILL GET EACH OTHER SICK HOW CAN YOU BE A MOTHER AND HAVE TO KIDS AND KEEP THEM APART OH YA AND YOU HAVE ASTHMA MAKE SHORE YOU USE THE NEB 20 TIMES A DAY.
best doctor ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan I Gitlin - Posted on March 27th, 2012
40 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Joan I Gitlin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJOAN I GITLIN MD, 575 Turnpike St Ste 25, North Andover, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joan I Gitlin, MD - Pediatrics in North Andover, MA, in this video.
Dr. Joan I Gitlin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Andover, MA.