More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan T Gold
Dr. Joan T Gold, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 44 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, Pediatrics and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Gold has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan T Gold has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Joan T Gold has the following 13 expertise
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Chronic Pain
- Spina Bifida (Meningocele)
- Surgery Recovery
- Nerve Damage
- Cerebral Palsy
Dr. Joan T Gold has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joan T Gold is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
She is an amazing doctor to work with if you have had a pretty server head injury. It can be hard to be her patient. Once you are it can really be felt over time. The program she runs along with another doctor called NPRS, Nero Phycologic Rehabilation Services, is one of the best for well healed patients. If I was to recomend any doctor, espically head injured patients, it would be her. Because she has the patience and logic to deal with the most heavly injured. She helps people see meaning in their life, even if they are massivly disabled. She has been my angel, a super kind and intelligent women. The sometimes stern directions, to get people in motion, saved my life from being in sorrow.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
44 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Joan T Gold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joan T Gold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.