Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joan L Kent has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I have been using Dr. Kent since I was a girl in my twenties. I am now 50 with three grown children, all of whom she delivered. She is one of the most thorough, compassionate doctors in practice, with a wealth of experience. I have sent two friends there, both of whom thank me each time they have their visits. Even after all these years, she enters the room and sits and talks with you first--about your health, your life and what your needs are. All of her staff know me by name. She has returned my phone calls all hours of day and night and has called me to follow up after proceedures and issues. A treasure of a doctor and person.
My initial visit with Dr. Kent went as I expected..I was referred by my friend and she had great care with her. I had no real gyn issues..but was concerned with fertility at age 35 and menstrual discomfort. She was very thorough and I felt comfortable. The office staff was very friendly and courteous.
Dr Kent is supposedly sought after. I saw her regarding a serious potentially fertility affecting problem, requiring follow-up in 3 months. She was knowledgeable but abrupt, dismissive of my concerns. Staff is courteous but I had to schedule my own follow up tests through them (she did not bother to have them do it) and they were ineffective because I myself scheduled the test at an radiology clinic one MONTH in advance, took off work, and called both offices to make sure they got the fax referral that is needed by the radiology office. On the morning of the appt, I called both the radiology clinic and Dr. Kents office to confirm everything was in order. I repeatedly got answering service for more than an hour past opening time. I explained everything to them/gave contact, that my appt was scheduled that morning needed an answer. They never called back. Missed the appt I waited 3 months for plus taking meds I'm not sure even help. That's what 400$ gets you. Not so reliable if pregnant!
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1984
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Joan L Kent accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoan Lori Kent Md, 235 E 67th St Rm 204, New York, NY
Dr. Joan L Kent is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.