Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan King-Angell
Dr. Joan King-Angell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA, with another office in Oakland, CA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. King-Angell is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Hospital - Oakland, Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Richmond and Richmond Medical Center. Dr. King-Angell has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan King-Angell has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joan King-Angell has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Joan King-Angell has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joan King-Angell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. King-Angell was the doctor during my mother's week-long stay in a rehab facility following a hospital stay. She was exceptional, the best doctor I have ever seen. She promptly returned my calls, was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. My only regret is that we cannot keep her as my mother's primary care doctor.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. King-Angell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Permanente Hospital - Oakland
Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Richmond
Richmond Medical Center
Oakland Medical Center
27 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joan King-Angell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.