Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan W Lisak
Dr. Joan W Lisak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lisak is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center. Dr. Lisak has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan W Lisak has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 8
I have to say I been threw a lot of heart doctors because of my heart condition not to many doctors are familiar with it . I have been with Dr. Lisak for many years . She is excellent she is very caring she takes the time with u and if there is any problem after hours she addresses it herself . Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for her .
Dr. Lisak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1985
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Joan W Lisak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoan Wanda Lisak Md, 780 Chestnut St Ste 20, Springfield, MA
Dr. Joan W Lisak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.