More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joan Pellegrino
Dr. Joan Pellegrino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Genetics and Pediatrics. Dr. Pellegrino is affiliated with St Peter's Hospital, SUNY Upstate Medical University and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan Pellegrino has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Joan Pellegrino has the following 3 expertise
- Developmental Disorders
- Multiple Abnormalities
Dr. Joan Pellegrino has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joan Pellegrino is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Pellegrino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Peter's Hospital
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton
St Peters Med Ctr, New Brunswick, Nj
Robert Wood Johnson Univ Hosp
University Hospital - SUNY Upstate Medical University
Saint Peter`s Medical Center
Saint Peter's University Hospital
Suny Health Science Acute Care
Suny Health Science Psych Unit
Suny Upstate Medical Center
Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
23 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Joan Pellegrino accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams St, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joan Pellegrino, MD - Medical Genetics in Syracuse, NY, in this video.
Dr. Joan Pellegrino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.