Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan Redfearn-Thompson
Dr. Joan Redfearn-Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oxon Hill, MD. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Redfearn-Thompson is affiliated with Prince George's Hospital Center, Columbia Hospital For Women and Greater Se. Community Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan Redfearn-Thompson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 6
I went to see Dr Redfern-Thompson because I was having heavy periods. My previous OB-GYN next door to her office Dr Rodgers wasnt giving me the option that I felt I wanted to take so after consulting with Dr Redfern she suggested I take Lupron to stop my periods totally for six months and then reevaluate after the periods resumed. Well that was a big mistake I really thought she had my best interests but I was totally miserable for six months and after the long waits in her waiting room for follow up appointsments and seeing Dr Redfern's phycisian's assistant more than her. I was too through. The staff wasnt really rude but the waiting room was always crowded and most of the patients were pregnant. If your not having a baby I wouldnt recommend this Dr. Dr Redfern seems to overbook her appointments.
The worst experience I've ever had with any doctor in my life! The office policy about providing results over the phone just keeps you paying co-pays and taking off work to sit and wait for hours before you're seen - not to mention, having to deal with several of the unprofessional office staff. Also, your phone calls and messages go ignored 95% of the time now, if you get through to someone during the office hours at all. The wait is beyond ridiculous! I was used to the clinical - I'm the smartest person in the room attitude of Dr. Redfearn but, she was extremely rude, arrogant, condescending, dismissive and unapologetic for the wait or her ignorant attitude my last visit. She was spewing disrespectful comments real nice/nasty like. She told me that my existing health issue was new merely because she and her staff neglected to document what I had communicated to them since my initial visit. She even suggested I do her job and ensure her staff fully documents each visit. Her conduct was deplorable and inexcusable! I wouldn't recommend this office unless, you like feeling violated and paying for it - I don't even know how I kept halfway calm!
Dr. Redfearn-Thompson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Prince George's Hospital Center
Columbia Hospital For Women
Greater Se. Community Hospital
30 Years Experience
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Joan Redfearn-Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions6196 Oxon Hill Rd, Oxon Hill, MD
Dr. Joan Redfearn-Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxon Hill, MD.