Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joan H Schiller has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Joan H Schiller has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Joan H Schiller has the following 22 expertise
- Blood Cancer
- Thoracic Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Colon Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Kidney Cancer
- Gene Therapy
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joan H Schiller - Posted on January 21st, 2013
Dr. Schiller cares for her patients. She treats every patients as if they are her friends or family members. She called my husband to talk about his lab work after hours. She worked with Insurance to assure that they understand the need of treatment for my husband. Dr. Schiller works endlessly to raise awareness. Her nurses, office staff are so kind, polite and compassionate.
38 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Joan H Schiller Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Joan H Schiller
Joan H. Schiller, MD is Professor and Chief of the Hematology/Oncology Division at University of Texas Southwestern, and Deputy Director of the Harold C. Simmons Cancer Center, and holds the Andrea L. Simmons Distinguished Chair in Cancer Research. She graduated from the University of Illinois Medical School and completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. She also completed a clinical fellowship in the Department of Human Oncology at the University of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center, before joining the faculty there. Dr. Schiller is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, and was a Professor of Medicine in the Department of Medicine Section of Oncology at the University of Wisconsin in Madison until moving to UT-Southwestern in 2006, where she is also Deputy Director of the Simmons Cancer Center. Dr. Schiller’s work focuses primarily on the treatment of lung cancer, specifically treatment modalities for small-cell and non small-cell lung cancer. She has been active in Phase I, II and III clinical trials, and sees patients with lung cancer with her radiation therapy and thoracic surgery colleagues. Dr. Schiller is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Clinical Oncology, former Chairman of the Thoracic Oncology Committee of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and Founder and President of the National Lung Cancer Partnership. She has published numerous articles related to the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer and is internationally recognized for her work in this area.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joan H Schiller, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Falls Church, VA, in this video.
Dr. Joan H Schiller is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.