1.3

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Joan Z Schmugler?

Cold and dangerous

I travel a lot and have been on zoloft for 3 months. Due to travel, I can't see Dr. Smuggler every 30 days, this month I won't be able to see her 10 extra days (40 days since my last appt.). She will not call in a refill. So I have to go through withdrawal now because I can't get to Poughkeepsie before then, I'm literally not in the state. This is dangerous, she could call in a10 day prescription but refuses to. In addition her affect is cold, uncaring, she complains about her job and doesn't ask any probing questions. AVOID.

She Couldn’t care less

Spectrum behavioral health is horrible. Besides the argumentative receptionist, I found Dr. (Lol) smuggler To Be cold, unkept, uncaring and Judge mental. She is definitely in the wrong line of work.

Frigid. She's too important and busy to fill out an 8 question form to help patient receive disability from employer to help lessen burden of situation until I can return to work hopefully soon.

It's Not Her Fault She has a Bad Staff

You know the old saying: Just can't get good help nowadays? Well, that's her situation. Insofar as her personality, I don't care. I'm not there to be coddled or have my hands held. I'm there for a clinical evaluation & professional detached outlook. If I want a doctor to pull out the guitar & sing Kumbaya, I'll go elsewhere.

Cancelations

I had an initial appointment scheduled for treatment of post partum depression. The day before the appointment, they canceled it with no explanation. They couldn't get me back on the schedule for three weeks. They canceled the second appointment the day of, saying that the doctor won't be in after all. What good is a psychiatrist who doesn't keep appointments?

Would not recommend

She is very inflexible in scheduling appointments. Additionally, her cold, condescending approach was not helpful.

Old

Dr. Joan Z Schmugler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.