The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joan S Sisto has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Joan S Sisto has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
Showing 5 of 23
As part of the routine skin check Dr. Sisto will not perform a scalp check. She condescendingly asks if you have a hairdresser, and then quickly tells you to have your hairdresser monitor for moles and changes in moles. I would never go back except to ask her for a haircut.
I first saw Dr. Sisto last year for my first skin check. As a young female, I didn't think I would have to make an appointment to see a Dermatologist until I was older, but I was recommended by my PCP to do so. After meeting Dr. Sisto, I am so happy that I did! Dr. Sisto is very kind, intelligent, and in-tune with her patients' needs. I was afraid to see a dermatologist due to what I may hear after spending may years in the sun, but Dr. Sisto's bedside manner was very professional and informative. I did not feel as if I was being judge, nor did I feel uncomfortable. She was able to answer all my questions in detail, and I left my appointment knowing that I found my long term dermatologist. Since then, I have also done cosmetic procedures with Dr. Sisto, and I couldn't not be happier. Dr. Sisto really cares about her patients, and she has a long time following to prove it. In conclusion, book with Dr. Sisto when having to make a medical/cosmetic procedure at NEDA. There may be a wait to get in, but it is well worth the wait. The staff is also very friendly and helpful when I am there for my appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Sisto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Joan S Sisto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
Locations & DirectionsNortheast Dermatology Associates Pa, 519 US Route 1 Unit 2, York, ME
Dr. Joan S Sisto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, ME.