Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joan W Stoerner
Dr. Joan W Stoerner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Missouri City, TX. She has 45 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Stoerner is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital and Memorial Hermann Continuing Care Hospital. Dr. Stoerner has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Joan W Stoerner has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Joan W Stoerner has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Joan W Stoerner has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
If there was a zero star thats wat i will give this unproffesional office receptionist and doctor ! They are so unorganized , the doctor is always late on vacation every other week doest take the time to address all your questions , doesn't do a proper follow up and when i called to ask her questions they never return the call, when i needed a prescription they took two weeks , i had some lab results that the were going to call me about and the never did!! Plus the " doctor" is so rude she seriously is not meant to be a pediatrician , she rolled her eyes when my premature baby wouldn't open her eyes . Wait and the receptions when i made an appointment said " another one didnt you come yesterday!?" , really ?! Shes getting paid for this services why does she care ?! They are hispanic but u can tell they are racist for the fact that they complement every white baby that goes in there but dont say a thing to any other babyOver all DONT GO TO HER OFFICE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stoerner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Childrens Medical Center
Dr. Joan W Stoerner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoan Whitaker Stoerner Md, 8780 Highway 6 Ste A, Missouri City, TX
Dr. Joan W Stoerner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Missouri City, TX.