Dr. Joan Sy Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Joan Sy?

Posted on March 1st, 2016

Misdiagnosed. Interfered with the care from specialists. Bullied and belittled me.to do what she wanted instead of calling specialists to discuss any issues she may have had. When she finally got her way I got extremely sick. Took a very long time to get things back under control.

More of sales person than doctor

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

I have visited her for about 2 yrs. She seemed good when I needed only well checkup. She only sold vitamins to me which I didn't mind at the time. But when I got sick, she couldn't diagnose, tried to sell so many items ( OMM, detox kit, blood sampling at her place etc). When I refused to buy her products she bullied me as I was vulnerable. She put my treatment in wrong direction which I learnt after I stopped seeing her and went to other doctor where i recovered quickly. She tried to do specialist job and recommended unnecessary tests. I am glad i am out of her trap.

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

Dr Sy charges to fill out school Athletic forms. I did not feel that she really did much during my child's well checkup except ask a series of routine questions. I did not feel the visit was useful.

Posted on June 6th, 2011

She is very attentive, caring, and the best in diagnosing my various health issues. She is thorough in her follow-ups and always takes the time to listen and address my health needs. Dr. Sy has a wonderful personality and a great sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Sy to all my friends, family and colleagues.

Miss the Service & Care

Posted on May 19th, 2011

Recently, I started with a new company which carries Kaiser for medical insurance. Unfortunately for me, Dr. Joan Sy is not under that medical program. I met Dr. Sy at least three years ago and remember her being the most thorough and caring doctor I had met on my first visit. Over the three years, she continued to provide me with the same care she offered me on the very first visit. That - in itself - is rare to find in the medical field. I have referred three friends to her who continue to seek for her medical care to this day. Five months ago, she was able to provide early diagnosis for skin cancer during a physical exam. Now that I am with Kaiser, I realize just how much I miss the service and care Dr. Sy provided during my time with her. Thank you for treating me like I was like a family member.

Posted on March 4th, 2011

Dr Sy has a wonderful staff to support a less than knowledgable Dr. She seems nice and has a friendly bedside manner but does not appear to review your history in relation to your symptoms or medical diagnosis. Last year Dr Sy diagnosed me with a chronic medical disorder and offered no information on the disease or how it would affect my body long term. She also has ignored several of my symptoms and does not want to treat them, but would rather wait until they cause further harm to my body systems long term. This is a Dr.who takes the watch and wait approach instead of a proactive approach. If you are a proactive patient in regards to your own health, this is NOT the Dr. for you.

Great Doctor - Caring, professional

Posted on January 6th, 2011

One of the best physicians I have ever had. She is caring, professional and talented.

She is only after MONEY

Posted on August 7th, 2009

She seems nice however takes pts even when she is behind and is not smart to diagnose simple problems and is only after money

Posted on November 17th, 2017