Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joana H Magno has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joana H Magno has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 4 of 14
If there was an option to leave the overall rating blank, that would be my rating for this lady. This lady is my fathers dr. Very unprofessional, she didn't even introduce her self the first time I met her, I just got funny looks. I had to ask the nurses who this lady was. There's a lot of negative things I could say about this lady but I won't but simply say she's not a Dr. I would recommend to my friends and especially my family member's to see!
I was a patient of Dr. Magno about ten years ago. Dr. Magno had a very poor bedside manner. She was always in a hurry, was sometimes rude, and was so sarcastic with everyone. Patients and staff didn't like to be treated this way. She took me off one medication and put me on another that caused me to go into congestive heart failure. It took years for other doctors to figure out what caused this and get me off the second medication that was damaging my heart. I would not go back to this doctor.
one star is too much. I was on vacation on Kauai with my family about 6 years ago. I began having chest pains. Long story short, I was shipped to Queens, and Joana was my doctor. It wasnt until I got back stateside and got to Mayo clinic that I found out all the things this woman had done to me. I think of her every day of my life, and her treatment, and her $500 worth of prescriptions that were total hooey. 6 years later I am suffering from what was done to me unnecessarily. aloha. stay out of hawaiian hospitals.
Dr. Magno is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Dr. Joana H Magno accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO