Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joanie Y Hare has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Joanie Y Hare has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Joanie Y Hare has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joanie Y Hare is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 95
She may be off putting at 1st but if you get to know her you will learn that she is very caring. She may not smile much but you will see the biggest smile after she hold your baby in her arms. I love this woman. Some times her work load is heavy but and she may be moving fast, but I've called her crying a few times and comforted me. I was told once by the after hours answer service that she would not be able to speak to me cause she was not on call be she call me back to make sure I was ok. I saw her after having the 3 babies of mine that she delivered and even though she was at a banquet she came over to my table to say hi to me and hug my babies. She became like a mother to me and I love her.
I had a consult with Dr. Hare about a year before my husband and I found out we were expecting. Truthfully, I wasn't certain what to think after my first encounter with her. Fast forward to a year later when she became our official doctor throughout our pregnancy... all I have to say is, what an amazing doctor. This woman knows her stuff and has her patients' best interest at heart. Don't be fooled by her "stoic" demeanor, which was my first impression. I am so grateful I did not base my decision on that judgment. If you want a doctor who knows her craft and genuinely cares about her patients, especially during what should be the most exciting time of your life, you want Dr. Hare. Long story short, my husband and I had good pregnancy and are the proud parents of a 13-month old baby boy. I am a little late on writing this review... blame it on a busy first year as a new mom. We would definitely want Dr. Hare again if we are blessed enough to have another baby. We occasionally experienced extended wait times during some appointments, which is understandable considering she specializes in high-risk pregnancies. So, have some patience... you're in good hands!
I agreed with most of reviews posted, this is probably the most rude doctor I know, like if I need more stress in my life, no bedside manners and seems inconvenient by my questions, nobody in that sugar land office seems to know what they were doing and she got all my information wrong. I will never go back to her and I will recomend to do same
Dr. Hare is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Joanie Y Hare accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHouston Perinatal Associates, 7900 Fannin St Ste 2600, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joanie Y Hare, MD - Maternal and Fetal Medicine in Houston, TX, in this video.
Dr. Joanie Y Hare is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.