- 37 years of experience
- Speaks English
- University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
- 2 specialties
- 1 expertise
- 1 location
Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joann Bennett has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Joann Bennett has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Joann Bennett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
37 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Palliative And Hospice Care Center, 2050 Claire Ct, Glenview, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joann Bennett, DO - Hospice and Palliative Medicine in Glenview, IL, in this video.
Dr. Joann Bennett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.