Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joann W Dervay
Dr. Joann W Dervay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Dervay is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital and Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Joann W Dervay has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Joann W Dervay has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Joann W Dervay has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
I was sent to her by Workman's Comp. I am a white female and on my first visit and I felt intimidated by her, She assessed my back problems and asked what my pain level was. I told her and she mocked me and said I couldn't be in that much pain. She talked to the workman's comp. nurse more than me. Right before I was dismissed I told her I was in pain and needed somthing so she ordered a ten's machine which I got 2 weeks later. This doctor talkes down to you and treats you like your a drug dealer. Her bedside manner is that of a snake. No compassion or healing with her. Don't go to her, it's a complete waste of time.
First of all Dr. Dervay is an excellent doctor. She's thorough and that is something that has kept me a happy patient. I've been a patient of hers for two years She does what she can for you and Let's you know of all the available options there are instead of just of just writing you a prescription Not saying she will not give you anything for pain She's not like some doctors that sometimes hand you a prescription and send you on your way. She actually takes the time to make sure that she finds out what's wrong and goes from there. I highly recommend Dr Dervay
Dr. Dervay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1996
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Joann W Dervay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoann Webber Dervay Md, 6387 Center Dr, Norfolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joann W Dervay in this video.
Dr. Joann W Dervay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.