Dr. Joann Hensel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joann Hensel?

Bedside manner somewhat passive, but knows her stuff

Posted on January 27th, 2017

Have seen her three times now, Dr. Ren once (when I couldn't get in to see her as soon as I wanted) - like night and day. But Dr. Hensel WILL take time IF you take the time to interact with her and ask your questions. I trust both, like both, will have her to remove my cataracts now.

not user friendly

Posted on September 4th, 2016

After waiting 1.5 hours, you will get to see her for 2 minutes. She does not interact with you, she only speaks to her tech assistant. She is condescending and lacks empathy.

Posted on August 19th, 2015

I have been to Eye Centers of Southeast Texas SEVERAL times. Each time the wait was at least 45 minutes to an hour. Once called back the staff was friendly but Dr. Hensel only showed up for enough time to look in my eyes, spout off a few big words to her assistant about what she saw, and then she was gone. Every time her solution to my eye troubles was "come back in 4 weeks- in the meantime no contacts and go buy some rewetting drops at Walgreens." This has been going on for about a 9 months now with no change in my eyes or no new solution from Dr. Hensel. After calling to reschedule an appointment and them telling me they will have to call me back to reschedule- they never did. Today I called yet again and was able to speak to a very rude African American woman who told me they are closed on Fridays and when I told her I would have to call her back when I was not driving she hung up on me. I will never be going back.

Posted on November 4th, 2016