Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joann Somers
Dr. Joann Somers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Livingston, NJ. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Joann Somers has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Joann Somers has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Joann Somers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I have been going to Dr. somers for five years... she has delivered both of my children. She is an excellant doctor who takes her time with each patient and addresses all issues. She has even remembered things about my kids I honestly thought she would forget. The babies she delivers are like her children and her excitement to see them post pregnancy is refreshing. The wait can be long but is so worth it.
I like Dr. Somers and have been going to her for 10 years. The overriding problem is the wait time in the office as well as getting an appointment. The last time I had an appointment for a check-up I got confused as to the date and missed it. Of course, you never get a reminder call from this office they are hoping you miss it. I called and explained the circumstances why I had jumbled up the date. The receptionist said that she would look at the dr's schedule and give me an appointment pretty soon so they took my phone number to call me back. Of course, they never called back.
36 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Joann Somers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJOANN SOMERS MD, 22 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 204, Livingston, NJ
Dr. Joann Somers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Livingston, NJ.