Dr. Joanna Davies Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joanna Davies?

Posted on October 25th, 2017

The office staff were all wonderful. I didn't have to wait long at all to be seen by Dr. Davies. She came in like a cowboy, very confident and I thought she was funny. Argued with her a little bit about records and me being headstrong like her won't quit until my records pop in her computer and she apologize. Oddly, I did like her arrogance and I complimented it by showing her that I was not intimidated at all. In fairness, she was so thorough, spent a longer time with than the usual doctors I have visited, and did a test that was not part of the reason why I came to see her. She was passionate in helping me and I think she went over and above her call of duty for my cause. I like her and I feel confident that she diagnosed me accurately.

Rude, impatient and unfriendly

Posted on July 15th, 2015

rude, offensive & impatient.

Posted on July 15th, 2015

Seems intelligent and informed, but was very rude, impatient and unfriendly. She seemed annoyed by having to speak with a patient, and offended me at least 6 times in 20 minutes. Despite her apparent competence, her demeanor inspired no trust whatsoever. She just doesn't seem to care at all about her patient.

Posted on October 5th, 2014

I have read these reviews and wonder if we are rating the same doctor. I have been with Dr Davies for 4+ yearsand have nothing but great things to say about her. She is friendly has conversation with you to put you at ease. She is through in her examination and explains the process. She is one of the few dr who is interested in her patient. I will recommend her to anyone. At first i thought het nurse was indifferent but after all these years I think she is just a professional. I never had to wait more than 30 mins for my appointment.

Rheumatoid Arthritis Hands

Posted on April 24th, 2014

suffering 8 years third finger on left inflamed, swelling, tear in central slip. third finger on right some inflamed.

An Aging & Poorly Managed Practice w Rude Staff

Posted on September 10th, 2013

I have been w/ Dr Davies for 5 years, but have finally called it quits. At first, while I found her manner to be gruff and insensitive, and the office bldg ugly, dark and sometimes dingy, I appreciated how much time she took with me. Over time however, I came to resent waiting an average of 1 hour past my appt time just to get in her room, only to hear her chatting & gossiping right next door. She spends time w/ me once I'm in, but lots of chat, little medicine and too much sarcasm. Her way, once, of telling me I needed to lose weight was, "You really wanna be 50 and fat?" Nice. Likewise, her staff has always been rude and often incompetent. I once complained to her about it and she said, "Try telling that to my partners. We have crappy staff because they won't pay up to hire better people". Uggh -- I don't go to the dr to hear HER complaints. Today was the last straw. My appt was for 9; at 10, after having been told "She's running late but is almost done w/ the current patient" 3x, I saw Dr Davies walk in the front door. Her receptionist had lied to me 3 times! Davies wasn't "almost done"; in fact, she wasn't even there! I spoke w/ the manager, who said Davies, in fact, had been at the hospital and was running 2 hours late because of it. I wish someone had told me earlier; I wish they had called me home and offered to reschedule! I'm moving on to a practice that treats patients w more dignity, and that operates w/ greater integrity.

disrepectful of new patients time

Posted on August 6th, 2013

I waited over an hour before I was taken to a room..the room I was put in was adjacent to a room Dr. Davies was in along with a patient and 3 friends of the patient. They were catching up and chit chattin, their door was wide open and you could hear the conversation. T his nonsense went on for over an hour, I know this because they were taken in shortly after I arrived. She wrapped up with the patient and rolled her to get some other service done...this is completely unprofessional and negligent behavior for a medical professional. I had an appointment and the front desk was equally unhelpful..I asked nicely if they knew how much longer wait would be, I offered to see any other doctor AMD reminded them my appointment time and that I was in a lot of pain. They answered that she would see when she was done with current patient. Noone deserves to be treated with such a lack of respect for their time and as a human being.

Posted on July 25th, 2012

Very thorough and professional, easy to park and good location

Posted on January 15th, 2011

Her bedside manner needs improvement. She is condescending and dismissive of complaints/questions. She is abrupt and spends very little time with you.

Extraordinary physician

Posted on October 11th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Davies by a friend of mine who is also a physician and Dr. Davies is her physician: does that say it all? Doctors going to doctors: other physicians don't choose the class fool: Dr. D. was 1st in her class in medical school. She's first w/me because she's thorough, direct, honest with a caring (overused, yet critical)attitude and perspective. I always leave her office knowing she has diagnosed me accurately and prescribed the best medicine/treatment. She will always be A++++ in my book.

Posted on July 8th, 2009

I wish she would spend more time with me when I visit. I tend to have a lot of questions and I feel rushed and I forget them.I don't like the staff in her office very much

Posted on October 11th, 2017