- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joanna M Sentissi MD
Dr. Sentissi did her undergraduate work at the University of California before going on to earn her MD at the Université Paul Sabatier in Toulouse, France. She completed her internship at Waterbury Hospital in Connecticut, followed by her residency in general surgery as well as vascular research at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston. After receiving her certification in general surgery with the American Board of Surgery and her licensure in the State of Massachusetts, she continued her training at the Boston Veterans Administration Hospital where she completed a fellowship in vascular surgery. In 1991, she successfully passed the certifying examinations for the American Board of Vascular Surgery and joined Newton Wellesley Surgeons in 1993. She remains a board certified surgeon in both general and vascular surgery.
2000 Washington St Ste 365
Newton Lower Fall, MA 02462
Book Online Now
Dr. Joanna M Sentissi has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Joanna M Sentissi has the following 3 expertise
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Varicose Veins
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joanna M Sentissi - Posted on May 30th, 2016
Dr. Sentissi performed a veinous closure on one leg and will be doing the same for my other leg shortly. She is extremely professional, efficient, and personable. I was very comforted by her demeanor and felt certain the outcome would be positive, which it has been. There was virtually no pain after the procedure and everything that Dr. Sentissi stated to expect, happened almost like clockwork. She also has a highly competent staff, including Brenda and Lauren.
Everything I could ask for in a surgeon!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joanna M Sentissi - Posted on November 15th, 2011
I randomly selected Dr. Sentissi from a list of surgeons at NWH based on who had the earliest opening to see me re: having my gallbladder out - I am so happy I did. From the start she put me at ease; was extremely knowledgable, patient, answered all my questions, and made me not dread the surgery at all. I could tell I was in very good hands. She stopped by to see me after the surgery and I could tell she genuinely wanted to know how I felt, she wasn't just doing it because she had to. If I ever need more surgery I won't hesitate to go back to her. All thumbs up!
Dr. Sentissi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Faculte De Medecine De Rangueil
Graduated in 1978
New England Medical Center
Dr. Joanna M Sentissi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewton-Wellesley Surgeons, 2000 Washington St Ste 365, Newton Lower Fall, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joanna M Sentissi, MD - Surgery in Newton Lower Falls, MA, in this video.
Dr. Joanna M Sentissi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newton Lower Falls, MA.