Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joanne Festa PHD
Dr. Joanne Festa, PHD is a Psychologist primarily located in New York, NY. Her specialties include Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Joanne Festa has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joanne Festa - Posted on June 1st, 2018
I have read about RBF but never experienced it myself until my multi-hour appointment. The office was uncomfortable and when after an hour I finally saw the doctor, I wanted to run back to the awkwardness of the waiting room. In the end I had to spend 2 days with her and each day was purely painful. I went because I had trouble remembering things and each time she asked a question and I said I couldn't remember she just kept at me asking 'how could you not know that?!' It was awful. Nothing prepared me for the final bill and the 'report' she wrote. The report was full of nonsense and contradicted itself -- other doctors who reviewed it said the same. I finally had to be re-tested and the results, no surprise, were completely different. Save yourself time and find someone else the first time.
Dr. Joanne Festa Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
Locations & DirectionsJOEL S DELFINER MD, 425 W 59th St Ste 6A, New York, NY
Dr. Joanne Festa is similar to the following 4 Psychologists near New York, NY.