Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joanne H Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
HORRIBLE ability to diagnose and treat patients. Unknown health issues went undiagnosed for years until I ended up in the ICU. The hospital doctors were aghast at the fact that Dr. Smith had not caught any of this during routine bloodwork and office visits. If you value your health choose ANY other doctor.
I have an incurable disease, when some other doctors failed to recognize the symtoms, doctor smith did , and had the tests done to verify the problem , she then prescribed the medication , and the care that i needed , this saved my life .I will be greatful to this wonderful person and great doctor for the rest of my life .
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1989
University of Alabama In Birmingham
Dr. Joanne H Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBalanced Family Health Care, 601 W Bypass, Andalusia, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joanne H Smith in this video.
Dr. Joanne H Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Andalusia, AL.