Dr. Joanne S Janas Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Joanne S Janas?

Checked her text messages during our appointment!

When you have to bring your kid to a neurologist, it's never a good thing, and you're worried. Dr. Janas actually pulled out her phone and checked her messages or texts during our appointment!I was too shocked to say much-I thought maybe she was looking something up that had to do with my daughter, but no-she would turn away, look at her phone, scroll through it, then turn back to us.She also walked my daughter through a series of tests without explaining why or what she thought, then scheduled an MRI for my daughter, again, without explaining why, even though I repeatedly asked "why does she need an MRI?"After a week of nervously waiting, having the MRI, and waiting some more, Dr. Janus didn't even bother to call us back to the office for a face to face diagnosis. She called me on the phone and dropped the bomb on me about what was wrong with my daughter, then gave me the name of a neurosurgeon while refusing to explain more about my daughter's condition. When I asked her to spell the condition, she snorted and said "oh, are you going to go look it up on the internet?" Yes, lady, you've just told me my daughter needs brain surgery, I'd like to learn SOMETHING about it! As it turns out, the neurosurgeon said my daughter does not need surgery, just a yearly MRI to monitor her condition, and she's basically, fine. I can't stress enough how many times Janus dropped the ball in terms of communication, caring, and competency. Your kid deserves better.

Do not go to this doctor

Absolutely HORRIBLE doctor. She comes in with a very rude additude. Offers No assessments, testing or profiles and then gives an opinion. My child had a extensive medical history that needed to be reviewed before an assumption that "nothing is wrong" and "no further testing required" was made. Having someone walk four steps to the door does not tell someone if they have neurological probems, learning disorders, etc. You will be very disappointed if you see this lady!

Great Doctor - long wait

We waited a long time to see Dr Janas. But, her staff was kind and considerate while we waited. Dr Janas herself was patient with us as we talked through our son's issues and explained her assessments in easily understandable language without being condesending. Overall, we really like her!