More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joanne N Knapik has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
The difference between her and Dr Bernardi is night and day. She is not respectful of your time. It seems she isn't on the up to date on anything. She doesn't seem to have any opinions of her own. It almost feels as though whatever the medical establishment tells her to do, she does. She seems to be unsure about a lot. I don't even know why Dr Bernardi lets himself be associated with her. We saw him once and he's the only Dr I want my kids to see.
My daughter and I went in for leg pain today. She isn't our regular doc, but I wanted her to be seen. She examined her and then said to monitor her for a few weeks. I agreed with that, I then began to ask, "is there anything I should look for that could indicate anything more serious?". But I did not get past the word "anything". She then interrupted me and told me "no, I will NOT order an x-ray for her because she doesn't need it, SOME parents just worry about things too much". Guess she thought I was going to ask for an xray. I was flabbergasted, as she said it SO rudely! If you care about your kid enough to ask questions, expect to be treated poorly. She clearly did not care how I felt. I still can't believe I was spoken to like that, I couldn't even muster a response to her after she said it.
28 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Joanne N Knapik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentegra Physician Care Huntley, 10350 Haligus Rd Ste 200A, Huntley, IL
Dr. Joanne N Knapik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntley, IL.