Dr. Jody Reiser Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Jody Reiser?

Ufhh

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

No personality compassion or ability to communicate information. I told my GP never to recommend Riser to anyone. She clearly hates her job. She couldn't yawn enough

nice person, but wrong diagnosis

Posted on August 13th, 2015

Let me start off by saying that I really like Dr. Reiser as a person. I find her intelligent, kind, and caring- but when she misdiagnoses you with absolutely no proof of anything wrong and gives you meds that hurt you, that means much more than just a great demeanor. Please get at least a second opinion- especially if there is no proof after your spinal tap/Brain MRI- please. I became very ill because of the medication I was prescribed- make sure you get a second opinion regardless of the doctor you go to. Once again, she is a lovely person- just please get a second opinion- unless there is actual medical proof of what is wrong.

Sorry to bother you...

Posted on June 24th, 2014

Dr. Reisner was perfunctory, at best. Her "ugh, do I have to" attitude was juvenile. I didn't go in wanting to have my hand held, or all crazed thinking I had a brain tumor, she was simply not present. I mentioned, with a chuckle, just trying to break the ice with this woman of absolutely no personality, "I googled.", I mean, who doesn't? She flatly and irritably said without looking up "Sounds like it.". Not once did I tell her what I thought was going on, not once did I ask for a specific medication. I hardly spoke at all except to give my history of migraines. She prescribed amitriptyline. How old school and such an awful med. never again. I should've just gone to my nurse practitioner.

Time to see her again

Posted on November 20th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Reiser for many years. She was able to properly diagnose me after many others missed the mark. I have cervial dystonia and I am confident of her treatment and her botox for my condition. After joining a dystonia group and hearing the horror stories around the table, I am so glad that Dr. Reiser is my neurologist. After years of not needing treatment I am going back tomorrow to see her again. I am sure she will meet me with a smile and the correct treatment for my needs!

Terrible experience

Posted on November 5th, 2013

Honestly the worst doctor I have ever went to. She wasted a lot of my time and she should not be able to be prescribing medicine considering the fact she prescribed me medicine that should not be paired and I ended up being sick for two days because of it... The whole atmosphere of the doctors office is so depressing. The receptionist is so rude and is mean especially to the elderly people that come in and Reiser isn't exactly the most welcoming and friendly person either.

Not going back

Posted on July 15th, 2013

I went to this doctor for over a year. She does not explain very well why she makes the decisions she does. She put me on a medication that did fix what my initial problem was, but it has caused much more problems than my problem was from the beginning. I am not saying she is inexperienced what the point I am getting to is you feel like you are talking to a wall when you go into her office. She does not reassure you that she is ready to help you. I had a question about my medication one time and she acted like she had a problem with me asking again about my medicine. She def is not a people person and probably should take her PHD and do something else. Why I was recommended to her from my family doctor is beyond me... Probably doctors helping doctors or just returning the favor.

Very cold and impersonal

Posted on May 7th, 2013

Wow, Very cold and impersonal. Maybe she is good at what she does but with an attitude so chilly I'm not sure it matters. Perhaps it's burn out?

Dr. Reiser is a wonderful neurologist.

Posted on April 22nd, 2012

I have two great experiences with Dr. Reiser as I have had two incidences of severe hand and arm pain associated with overuse and arthritis. She got me in very quickly and got my pain evaluated quickly. She was also very helpful in recommending changes that I needed to make to make my pain subside along with physical therapy that helped my pain go away completely. I have recommended her to my own patients; and I will continue to do so. She is very professional, competent and caring. It is always a relief to see her and obtain her help. I highly recommend her for any neurological complaint that you have.

smaller is better

Posted on March 28th, 2012

This office is small but effecient. You get much more attention than at the huge offices where none of the staff knows who you are (or communicates infromation to each other) and then their doctors see you for less than 10 minutes.

Posted on February 15th, 2012

Spoke into her dictation program throughout entire consultation. Was arrogant, cold and dismissive.

patient

Posted on October 5th, 2011

very nice doctor who listened to me and paid attention to my problems

very disapointed - found a new neurologistvery quickly

Posted on November 22nd, 2010

Dr purged records and info after 2 years and couldn't remember me from 3 yrs ago despite having shown an old Rx.Told me i mustn't have liked what she told me or I would have returned sooner?! Was hospitalized for three days with a serious side effect from meds she prescribed and never heard from her the entire time despite two doctors asking for her phone number. When I contacted her office apon my release I was told there would be a two week wait. Never cared enough to follow up herself. Very snarky male office assistant. Not caring or helpful provider. Expect more (and get it elsewhere) from healthcare providers.