Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jody M Welborn
Dr. Jody M Welborn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Welborn is affiliated with Providence Portland Medical Center. Dr. Welborn has received 6 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Jody M Welborn has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jody M Welborn has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Jody Welborn was suggested by a medical insurance case worker. We were told she is rated one of the best cardiologists in oregon. We truly believe this to be true as Dr. Welborn has cared for both my husband and myself for over 5 years. The care is excellent! The Oregon Clinic and Dr. Welborn are kind and attentive........ We highly recommend Dr. Welborn.
She was abrupt at times and was not good at explaining her diagnosis. She told me I needed surgery without giving me any explanation nor did she allow me to be involved in the decision making or to seek a second opinion.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Welborn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Jody M Welborn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Heart Clinic, 1111 NE 99th Ave Ste 201, Portland, OR
Dr. Jody M Welborn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.