Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jody W Lai has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Cancer
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Great Bedside manner. Office staff was unresponsive in sending me a copy of my reports which I called several times and requested. Dr Lai herself delivered my first born child. She failed to properly stitch me up after delivery (I tore and could've used 20 more stitches to the area). I am left with a healed yet damaged area that will now need plastic surgery to correct. All in all I would say inexperienced and sloppy as a doctor, yet she is very sweet.
Couldn't be happier with Dr. Lai as my OBGYN. She is knowledgable, caring and compassionate. She always took the time to really listen to me and answer all questions I had. Just delivered my second high risk baby with her and wouldn't recommend anyone else. She listened to my birth plan and helped me stick to it. She is knowledgable and cautious( but does not push C-Sections or unessasary procedures/tests.
I was Dr. White's patient in 2008 when I was pregnant with my daughter. Dr. White saw me before insurance approved me and she performed C-section for me for delivery. Everything went very smooth. I have always wanted to go back and pay a visit to Dr. White and thank her for the great care she had provided for me but haven't had a chance yet. But I would highly recommend Dr. White for your OB-GYN.
Dr. Lai is amazing, intelligent, professional and very caring. She sits with you and answers all of your questions. She has always made me feel at ease during my entire pregnancy. As a nurse I have worked with several physicians and Dr. Lai by far is one of the best I have came across. You will not be disappointed. I have referred several of my friends to Dr. Lai and the response was always positive.
As I have told Dr. Lai (White) personally, I would not have my daughter if I had not gotten to Dr. Lai in time. I had been seeing another gyno (very poor care), had a complicated first pregnancy, but Dr. Lai made me a priority. She took incredible care of me and my baby. She has a warm demeanor and answers every question you have. I could never thank her enough, as I know I would never have a beautiful happy healthy 3 year old girl without Dr. Lai.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016, 2015, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
15 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Jody W Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jody W Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.